July 05, 2009

Happy 4th July

These past two weeks have been so much fun. The first week my sister and Davis came into town and stayed with me. Then my mom came mid-week. They all left last Sunday and then after that all of Garrett's family came into town. I am working backwards because I didn't really take to many pics while Jenna was here. I'm waiting for her to email them to me and then I post all about Jenna's visit.

So the fourth...





We went up to Heber where Garrett's Aunt lives. They have a pond in their community so we all went down and fished.






Garrett caught a fish. He also has the patience required to do so.



Me on the to her hand...
I was excited at the begining. Didn't catch anything.


Was getting a little bored so I had a seat. Then after about 15 min. of being out there I was over it.



The nieces and nephews lasted about 2 min until they started jumping in the pond and swimming around.


We also went up to Kamas. I know where the heck is Kamas? It is about 20 min. above or to the side of Heber. They have this indoor water park. The water was about 85 degrees. It was like swimming in bath water. They had a huge slide, diving boards, and a lazy river. It was so much fun.





Tyler, Kacee , and Peyton in the lazy river.





Maycee coming down the slide.




Us girls before going down the side.



Every time I would say "cheese" to Brook this is the face she would make.





The morning of the 4th we went down to Provo and watched the parade. We met up with Halladay family. They have a house on center street and have a tradition of bringing about 40 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts and watching the parade. So we ate donuts all morning and watched the parade. Its sad because in all my years of living in Provo I have never once went to the parade on the 4th. It is a big deal down in Provo. I have never seen so many people on center street.






We did our own fireworks in Heber and them when it got later we watched the Heber show from the house.


Yes we have matching shirts. If anyone knows me they would expect something like this. I have this weird thing were I feel like every holiday you should get a new shirt.


I hope everyone had a Happy Fourth!!

2 comments:

Makell Wintle said...

Hey Kristen! Yes, I'm moving up there really soon. In fact, we are going to hopefully be closing on a townhome in North Salt Lake on the 14th! I'm so excited. Where are you living now?

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

What a fun 4th you guys had. We miss you like crazy! I will send my pictures to you! LOVE you!

You look great with a pole. A fishing pole that is. :)